THIS MONDAY AFTERNOON!
Come for a Rally and free pizza!!
On the south steps of the State Capitol
Black Lives Matter Sacramento will be there speaking on the need for POLICE IN CALIFORNIA TO BE MORE TRANSPARENT.
SB 1286 is a bill introduced by Senator Leno
Fact sheet: https://www.aclunc.org/docs/sb1286_factsheet.pdf
SB 1286 will:
1. Allow public access to investigations,
findings and discipline information on
serious uses of force by police.
2. Allow public access to information on police
3. Affirm that you have a right to be able to
track your misconduct complaints and see
what the police department is doing about it.
4. Allow local governments that choose to
establish civilian review boards or appeal
boards for officer discipline to have those
boards hold open public hearings.
5. Give power back to civilian oversight bodies
to effectively monitor police.
Come hear people speak, get some free pizza, and persuade your elected officials to vote in favor of the people.
The police work for us, so what they do should be available for us to see.
Google map and directions